Government statistics indicate that 80 percent of small businesses fail within the first five years. SP Home Run Inc. wants to save start-up IT consulting providers from becoming statistics. In its new white paper How to Start a Computer Consulting Business: 6 Proven Ways to Build Your Initial Client Base, SP Home Run Inc. offers 11 key steps that businesses can take immediately to become established professionally and seven ways to keep expenses low as they do it. The white paper is offered free on its website at http://www.sphomerun.com/how-to-start-a-computer-consulting-business
How to Start a Computer Consulting Business: 6 Proven Ways to Build Your Initial Client Base answers six of the questions most frequently asked by new business owners and simplifies the steps needed to become established as a successful IT service provider, computer consulting firm, VAR, network integrator, or computer repair business, including:
* What are the first few steps when starting up a new business? Learn why the business plan is so important, even if you are not seeking external capital, how to select an effective company name, why you need to find a lawyer and accountant immediately, and the importance of creating a business email address.
* How much capital is needed to start up a technology service provider business? Find out how to grow your business organically without taking on a huge financial risk, including how much money you will need for marketing, professional services, business licenses, domain names, website hosting, credit card merchant accounts, and personal reserves.
* What are some ways to lower start-up costs? Learn which expenses to totally avoid and identify the least expensive place to initially locate your business.
* How do you build an initial client base for a new computer consulting startup? The white paper introduces nine steps to generate leads that will get your business up and running, including tips on social media, video, networking events, trade shows, and speaking opportunities.
* What income streams should a new business pursue? There are four different income or revenue streams that are relevant to IT consulting firms catering to local small businesses. Learn how each revenue source can benefit your new IT company’s profitability.
* Which tools are needed to start a technology provider business? Find out which tools you already have (hint: you use it every day) and which tools you cannot do business without.
“In much the same way that incoming college freshmen are often warned to look to their left, right, front, and back to see who may not be returning next semester, the statistics for start-up businesses of any kind are far from encouraging,” said Joshua Feinberg, Business Development Director of SP Home Run Inc. “How to Start a Computer Consulting Business: 6 Proven Ways to Build Your Initial Client Base is designed to help IT entrepreneurs avoid the common rookie mistakes that plague many small businesses. The strategies presented can help you build a strong foundation for keeping your computer consulting business profitable and sustainable in the long run. A little planning goes a long way.”
To download How to Start a Computer Consulting Business: 6 Proven Ways to Build Your Initial Client Base and receive a free subscription to the SP Home Run Weekly Update Newsletter, visit http://www.sphomerun.com/how-to-start-a-computer-consulting-business
About SP Home Run Inc.
SP Home Run Inc. helps small business IT service providers get more high-paying, steady B2B clients by providing a suite of proven tools and resources that are available exclusively to SP Home Run Inc. members. The tools and resources focus on IT marketing and targeted lead generation, selling IT services and lead nurturing, IT service contracts, managed computer consulting, IT channel and small business technology, and starting a computer business.
The company currently serves clients all over the world. Its client base includes computer consulting businesses, VARs, network integrators, IT solution providers, MSPs, system builders, and computer repair businesses.
More information about SP Home Run Inc. can be found at http://www.sphomerun.com/About-SP-Home-Run-Inc/
For interview opportunities and media requests, please contact:
Business Development Director
SP Home Run Inc.
Phone: +1 877-587-9580 x7
Email: media (at) sphomerun (dot) com