Dallas, 01/25/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
Legacy ER & Urgent Care Shares Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
PLANO, TEXAS (Jan. 25, 2016) – The New Year is officially here, so what better time is there than now to develop new healthy lifestyle habits? Being healthy doesn’t have to mean making a resolution to run three miles every day or implementing a restrictive diet. It can be as simple as doing a few things every day to improve overall health. Legacy ER & Urgent Care offers these seven habits to lead into a healthy 2016:
1. Washing hands: This is a small yet significant step in living healthier. Regular hand washing helps prevent bad bacteria and viruses from entering the body.
2. Sleep: Getting the proper amount of sleep at night is absolutely necessary. Adults should get between seven and nine hours of sleep every night, which gives the body time to rejuvenate.
3. Balanced diet: Eating a balanced diet doesn’t necessarily mean cutting out carbohydrates or condemning sugars, but it does mean remaining conscious about food consumption as it does affect overall health. Eating a balanced diet will help maintain a healthy body weight and aid in reducing illnesses. The USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans offers a few guidelines on how to maintain a healthy diet.
4. Fitness: Whether it’s two hours in the gym every day or a casual walk, it’s important to get the body moving. Some form of exercise is important for the heart, mind and overall health.
5. Water: Adults should drink about eight eight-ounce glasses of water per day. Water is good for the skin, muscles, maintaining body fluids and making sure the body functions properly.
6. Reduce stress: Reducing stress is a vital element in living a healthy lifestyle. Immune systems come under attack more easily when the body is stressed, making it much easier to get sick. Some ways to reduce stress are: relaxing with a book, taking a trip, socializing with friends or participating in yoga.
7. See the doctor: It’s important to periodically check in with a doctor. Doctors can monitor the body and can advise patients on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
“Living an overall healthy lifestyle is an important preventative measure that helps patients to avoid health issues,” says Dr. Jay Woody, M.D., co-founder and chief medical officer of Legacy ER & Urgent Care. “It can help prevent common sicknesses like the cold or flu and aid in preventing chronic illnesses.”
While many of these seem simple, they can help prevent illness, provide more energy and contribute to an overall healthy lifestyle.
Legacy ER & Urgent Care has seven operating emergency rooms and urgent cares in Allen, Coppell, Frisco, Keller, McKinney and North Richland Hills, Texas. Its urgent care hours are from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, and emergency room services are accessible 24/7, 365 days a year. The typical wait time before being seen is less than five minutes. Online check-in is available and walk-ins are welcome.
Founded in 2008, Legacy ER & Urgent Care is one of the nation’s first stand-alone health care models to offer both urgent care and emergency room treatment options under one roof. It has built an exceptional customer service program and rating by providing transparent billing, soothing environments and one-on-one service with board-certified, emergency-trained physicians. Patients have access to immediate, on-site emergency room equipment and only pay emergency care prices when it is truly an emergency.
Legacy ER & Urgent Care Locations:
1310 W. Exchange Parkway, Allen, Texas 75013: 972-678-4545
330 S. Denton Tap Road, Coppell, Texas 75019 469-312-7777 New
9205 Legacy Drive, Frisco, Texas 75033: 972-668-6020
16151 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, Texas 75035: 972-731-5151 New
1220 Keller Parkway, Keller, Texas 76248: 817-898-8000 New
2810 Hardin Blvd. #100, McKinney, Texas 75070: 972-548-7277 New
8950 N. Tarrant Parkway, North Richland Hills, Texas 76182: 817-281-7277 New
# LegacyER&Urgent Care
News Provided By: Submit Press Release 123
Like Us on Facebook