Dallas, 04/05/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
Nonprofit Facility to Provide Financial Literacy To Southern Oklahoma Communities
Transformance, Inc., the Dallas-based financial literacy nonprofit, has opened a branch location in Ardmore, Oklahoma. The new facility, which will host an open house on April 14, 2016, will serve the Ardmore population as well as other southern Oklahoma communities.
On Thursday, April 14, a ribbon-cutting ceremony with local dignitaries will be held at 11 a.m. Lunch will be provided from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and guided tours will be available from 12 to 1 p.m. The newest Transformance branch will be located at 2007 N. Commerce St., Suite 201, Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401. The facility phone number is (580) 263-2227.
Pam Webb, an existing certified credit counselor with Transformance, will lead the new nonprofit branch location in providing outreach to the community in the following areas of expertise:
• Bankruptcy counseling and education
• Budget and credit counseling
• Debt counseling and debt management
• Financial education classes and webinars
• Housing counseling and education
• Student loan counseling
“As we continue to grow, we intend to increase our geographic coverage areas, and Ardmore will be an excellent location for our outreach programs,” said Ken Goodgames, president and CEO of Transformance. “The scope of our mission to provide financial literacy will now be available to the Ardmore community and surrounding areas. When proven successful, we look forward to replicating the process elsewhere in the future.”
The nonprofit facility is now open for scheduling appointments to assist Ardmore and other local municipalities with multiple consumer credit assistance options.
For more information, please visit www.transformanceusa.org or call (580) 263-2227.
About Transformance, Inc.
In 2015, the agency will have delivered more than 125,000 consumer interactions through financial counseling, outreach and education. In 2016, the agency expects to serve up to 1 million low and moderate income families with transformative financial learning solutions accessible online and through a new mobile app.
Since its founding in 1974 as Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Dallas, the agency has empowered clients to overcome adversity and attain their financial goals. Services include credit/budget counseling, financial education, housing counseling, individual debt management and bankruptcy counseling. Transformance will:
• Provide a national nonprofit resource dedicated to confidential and professional counseling to assist financially distressed or economically vulnerable families
• Develop and foster community educational programs on family money management, budgeting and the wise use of money and credit
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the credit community, employee assistance programs, professional counselors and community-based social service agencies
• Provide opportunities for economic empowerment of low and moderate income families and with a particular focus on at-risk communities such as seniors, military families, veterans, communities of color and single, female-headed households
• Enable good financial knowledge early in life through its focus on education of students (K -12) and their parents through agency strategic partnerships
Transformance, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 1974, and is a United Way Service Provider as well as a HUD-approved multistate housing counseling and education organization. The agency is formally accredited every four years by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Families (COA) to ensure compliance with top industry standards and best practices. The agency has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, with satellite offices in Arlington; Austin; Amarillo; Ardmore, Oklahoma; and Colorado Springs, Colorado.
To read more about Transformance, Inc., or for an annual report, visit http://www.transformanceusa.org.
Transformance Media Contact:
Senior Account Manager
Like Us on Facebook