Dallas, 05/11/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
Dillon Gage Metals Founder Weighs in on Possible Outcomes
Dillon Gage Metals, an international precious metals wholesaler, is investigating what potential effect the 2016 election will have on the markets.
With the respective nominees of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump all but assured at this point, it’s time to take a look at the impact each administration may have on the precious metals industry.
First, the view of the presumptive landscape under a Trump administration: The very nature of his campaign thus far could spook international markets, with the Wall Street Journal reporting that “…nervous investors…could pile into gold and other safe-haven assets as an insurance policy.” And if his trade policy talk rattles the markets further, the fallout of a negative effect on the U.S. dollar would clearly buoy the gold markets globally.
“Gold buyers tend to skew conservative by nature. If Trump wins the presidency and heats up a trade war with, for example, China or Mexico – two of our biggest trade partners, it can affect both the value of the U.S. dollar and foreign currencies,” says Stephen W. Miller, Chairman of Dillon Gage Inc. of Dallas. “Depending where one lives in the world, one could see buyers flocking to gold as a safe haven against this type of uncertainty.”
If former Secretary of State Clinton lands in the Oval Office, investors may, ironically, see no difference in a strong outcome for long-term precious metals holdings. Most of her platform – higher taxes and regulatory policies – can likely be seen as an extension of the current economic environment, which is still very debt-laden. Again, a weaker U.S. dollar means growth in the precious metals forecast.
“If Hillary Clinton is elected president, her platforms may continue higher taxes and regulations, which can result in an economic downturn, deflation, stagnation and flattened commodity prices,” states Miller. “That scenario can lead to a break in faith in government that may see investors seeking the safety of gold as an asset.”
If the past is any guide, metals prices trend downward during election years but often rebound quite well once the outcome is decided. One thing is for sure, according to Miller. “We’re facing an unprecedented atmosphere in this run for the White House. We are entering an election year like none I’ve ever seen, with both sides representing a wide gap in economics and social worldview. The electorate has some stark choices to make that will have huge impacts on our future in just about every area that I can imagine.”
For more information, please visit www.dillongage.com or call (800) 375-4653.
# # #
About Dillon Gage Metals
Dillon Gage Inc. of Dallas (DillonGage.com), founded in 1976, companies include:
• Dillon Gage Metals (www.DillonGage.com/Metals), one of the world’s largest precious metals wholesale trading firms. The firm is an authorized purchaser for all major world mints and maintains inventory in over 20 countries around the world. 800-375-4653
• FizTrade Online Trading (www.FizTrade.com) offers real-time bid/ask trading platform for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. 800-375-4653
• Digital Metals (www.DigitalMetals.com) delivers advanced tools and technologies that enable market participants to be more successful in their businesses. Digital Metals offers cloud-based solutions for physical precious metals marketplace built upon the Digital Metals Platform. 866-494-3577
• Dillon Gage Refining (www.dillongage.com/refining/why-dg), professional assayers and refiners of precious metal scrap, from low grade to karat scrap. Stone removal services and diamond experts on staff. 888-436-3489
• International Depository Services Group with locations in Delaware, USA (www.ids-delaware.com; 888-322-2431), and Ontario, Canada (www.idsofcanada.com; 855-362-2431), offers secure, efficient and insured precious metals and certified coin depositories that focus of custom business logistics solutions which include storage, fulfillment, inventory managements and many other value added services.
Senior Account Manager
Like Us on Facebook