Dallas, 11/03/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
Initiative Benefits Parents and Students of Uplift Williams Preparatory School
Transformance, a fully integrated social services delivery nonprofit, recently joined with local FedEx team members to distribute food to the families of Dallas’ Uplift Williams Preparatory school.
The donation event, which took place on Wednesday, Oct. 19, was organized by Transformance and Services of Hope, a nonprofit dedicated to helping children and promoting education in our communities. The FedEx team members were invited to participate and did a remarkable job of assembling multiple food staples for all ages into over 700 individual bags.
“We were so pleased to team up with FedEx employees on this initiative,” said Ken Goodgames, CEO of Transformance. “The energy level of their folks really helped set the tone for a successful day of giving back to those in our community. My hat is off to FedEx, Services of Hope and Operation Blessing International for coming together to make this a reality.”
The food donation was carefully scripted to be delivered at the close of the school day, as dozens of families cued up in parking lines to pick up their children. All told, the amount of food donated was over four tons.
“We are proud to team up with Transformance for our FedEx Cares Day of Service project,” said Terry Allen, Senior Account Executive with FedEx. “Through our collaboration, we delivered positive change for students and families at Uplift Williams Preparatory in the form of 700 bags of food.”
For more information on Transformance, please visit www.transformanceusa.org.
About Transformance Inc.
In 2015, the agency will have delivered more than 125,000 consumer interactions through financial coaching, outreach and education. In 2016, the agency expects to serve up to 1 million low and moderate income families with transformative financial learning solutions accessible online and through a new mobile app.
Since its founding in 1974, Transformance has empowered clients to overcome adversity and attain their financial goals. Services include credit/budget counseling, financial education, housing counseling, individual debt management and bankruptcy counseling. Transformance provides the following programs and services:
• Provides a national nonprofit resource dedicated to confidential and professional counseling to assist financially distressed or economically vulnerable families
• Develops and fosters community educational programs on family money management, budgeting and the wise use of money and credit
• Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with the credit community, employee assistance programs, professional counselors and community-based social service agencies
• Provides opportunities for economic empowerment of low and moderate income families and with a particular focus on at-risk communities such as seniors, military families, veterans, communities of color and single, female-headed households
• Enables good financial knowledge early in life through its focus on education of students (K -12) and their parents through agency strategic partnerships
Transformance Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 1974, and is a United Way Service Provider as well as a HUD-approved multistate housing counseling and education organization. The agency is formally accredited every four years by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Families (COA) to ensure compliance with top industry standards and best practices. The agency has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, with satellite offices in Arlington; Austin; Amarillo and Ardmore, Oklahoma.
To read more about Transformance Inc., or for an annual report, visit http://www.transformanceusa.org.
Transformance Media Contact:
Senior Account Manager
SubmitPressRelease123/posts/” target=”_blank”>Like Us on Facebook