Online health and fitness company discusses aromatherapy benefits and how to select the best diffusers and essential oils.
Sacramento, CA / June 5, 2018, / — Health, wellness, and fitness website, Healthy 4 Life Online, discusses the benefits of aromatherapy and how to find the best essential oils and diffusers for your specific needs. Aromatherapy has been used since sometime around the 11th century for a variety of health conditions. It involves the use of essential oils extracted from plant materials that can be aromatically inhaled and it is often thought of as an alternative medicine.
You can find essential oils in many different scents and oil diffusers in a variety of shapes and sizes. Many people follow specific “recipes” to mix different essential oil scents that provide relief for some acute and chronic health issues.
Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
The most common health benefits of aromatherapy are:
- Relieves stress – Perhaps the most popular use of aromatherapy is for stress relief. The compounds of many different essential oils are known to be relaxants and can help lower stress and anxiety. Try lemon oil, lavender, bergamot, peppermint, and ylang-ylang for stress relief.
- Relieves depression – Aromatherapy can also be used to reduce feelings of depression. Try chamomile, lavender, peppermint, and jasmine for depression.
- Boosts memory – Studies show that aromatherapy can boost the memories of younger people and it may slow down the effects of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older adults. Try sage oil to enhance your memory.
- Increases energy – Aromatherapy is an effective and safe alternative to stimulants people use for energy such as cigarettes, caffeine, and energy drinks. Try black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, jasmine, rosemary, and sage oils for an energy boost.
- Reduces headaches – Aromatherapy can help alleviate the pain of a current headache while also reducing stress, anxiety, and other headache-causing conditions. Try peppermint, eucalyptus, sandalwood, and rosemary oils for headaches and migraines.
- Regulates sleep – Not getting enough sleep can cause or worsen many health conditions and can leave you feeling fatigued and unproductive. Try lavender, chamomile, jasmine, sandalwood, sweet marjoram, and ylang-ylang oils to manage sleep habits.
- Relieves pain – Pain relief is one of the most useful application of aromatherapy. It may eliminate the need to use analgesics, so you won’t have to be concerned about any negative side effects of the medications. Try lavender, chamomile, clary sage, juniper, eucalyptus, rosemary, and peppermint oils for pain relief.
Whatever your health condition, and whichever essential oils you use, always consult your physician before you make any changes to your medical treatment. Additionally, you should buy your oils from reputable sources and don’t try mixing them unless you have been instructed how to do so.
About Healthy 4 Life Online
If you are interested in more information about aromatherapy, essential oils, and oil diffusers, visit Healthy 4 Life Online’s website. There you will find highly-rated oils and diffusers along with many other lists of top-rated health, wellness, and fitness products to help you get and stay healthy and fit. The website and is updated regularly, so visit often to ensure that you don’t miss anything.