Denver, Colorado, United States, 04/23/2020 / Story.KISSPR.com /
Moving has quite a bit of parts to it and not all moves are created equal. Sometimes our customers just want help packing, other times they want us to pack and transport their entire home or office.
Road Scholars offers an array of moving services, even now, during these unprecedented times, we’re working at full capacity to help get you moved safely. Today we’re going to give you some help on determining the smartest moving options for you and your next move.
The Moving Truck
If you’re trying to decide whether to rent your own moving truck, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The best truck for the job: Be sure you find a truck that will support your move, keeping in mind the distance of your move and the amount of items you’re moving. And be sure you find out how the price for the truck is determined before you commit. Ask if there are additional charges for using moving accessories on the truck.
- Truck loading capabilities: You want to be sure to implement rhyme and reason into your truck loading strategy. Load the heaviest items in the back of the truck, closest to the cab, furniture and heavy moving boxes in the middle, with lighter furniture on either side, and smaller items should be put in the truck last, but can also be placed in open spaces throughout. Keep small valuables, such as jewelry, with you if possible.
- Truck driving capabilities: This is no small task, as it’s very different from driving your usual vehicle. Be sure to drive slowly and cautiously to keep you, other drivers, and your belongings safe. If you’re moving long-distance, avoid driving while tired or stressed. Be sure to find out if your usual car insurance will cover your moving truck rental, if not, ask the company you’re renting from what your options are.
The Moving Workforce
Whether you’ve decided to rent your own moving truck or not, you may still be in need of moving help when it comes to loading up the truck or packing up your stuff. Maybe you’ve enlisted the help of friends, maybe you’d prefer to hire moving professionals. Keep in mind that full-service moving companies have the knowledge, skill, equipment, and materials for your residential or office move. Here’s what to consider:
- Packing up your items: This task is a tall order, it does require a bit of know-how to ensure safety and efficiency, especially if you’re moving long-distance. Hiring a moving company can come in really handy here, they know how to pack the right way and they do it quickly, allowing you to keep your focus elsewhere.
- Loading/unloading your items: Once your items are securely packed, loading them into your moving truck can be a challenge. A team of moving professionals can get all of your items on the truck in the smartest and safest possible way, making your move run smoother. When removing your belongings from the truck, skilled movers will be able to quickly get your items into your new space with precision.
- Transporting your items: No need to worry about renting or driving a moving truck when you hire professional movers. They usually have their own fleet of well-maintained trucks and the team knows how to drive your belongings safely, locally or long-distance.
Having a successful move is the goal and if you can handle parts of it on your own, go for it. However, if you’d prefer to leave it to the pros, you will not only have more time for other projects, you’ll have confidence in knowing the job is being done exactly how it should be.
If you have an upcoming move during COVID-19, we are open and operational and can answer any of your questions.
Road Scholars are true scholars when it comes to all things moving. Our movers are all background checked and are given the proper education to handle your most important possessions. From lifting techniques, to packing excellence, to details on how to successfully get through a challenging move, we give our movers all the insights they need to work at their fullest capability.
We’re also licensed and insured. We use only the best, state-of-the-art equipment and vehicles. We’re affordable, honest, and experienced. Offering a very personal touch to a very personal event. Contact us at (303) 693-7070 or at [email protected]. You can also find us online at roadscholarsmoving.com. Proudly serving the Denver Metro Area, Centennial, Littleton, Englewood, Aurora, Lone Tree, Parker, all across Colorado and beyond.
Release ID: 13174
Like Us on Facebook