Northglenn, Colorado, United States, 10/08/2020 / Story.KISSPR.com /
Slip and fall accidents run the gamut when it comes to seriousness. We’ve represented clients who fell while on the job and had to take a few weeks off of work, and those who have fallen while on someone else’s property due to the negligence of the property owner and suffered ongoing injury.
Slip and Fall in Colorado Facts and Rules
- If you want to file an injury claim against a negligent party you must do so within two years of the date of the incident
- You must prove that the responsible party did not take action to prevent your injury and allowed for an unsafe environment
- If you are ever injured on someone else’s property, be sure to file a complaint or an injury report with the manager on duty or another responsible party so you have a paper trail of proof of the accident, take pictures of the hazard immediately and get contact information from any witnesses (even if you don’t believe you’re hurt, as pain can come on later)
- If you go to court, be prepared for the responsible party to try to put some blame on you
- If you are found to be partially responsible for your slip and fall accident, you will most likely still receive compensation, however, it may be less than if you were not found responsible in any way for the accident
- It is the full responsibility of the property owner to keep the premises safe and marked well for any hazardous conditions
- If you are hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may be eligible for damages such as lost wages, hospital bills, damaged items, and pain and suffering
- Depending on the seriousness of the accident, you may receive a settlement ranging from $10,000 to over $250,000
- Your slip and fall case may be over in as little as a couple of months, however, depending on the investigation process and the seriousness of the matter, the case may take a couple of years to finalize
- Seek medical attention as soon as you realize you are suffering from pain caused by your accident
- A slip and fall personal injury attorney is going to help you determine whether you can receive compensation for your injury, finding a compassionate lawyer who will fight for you should be done as soon as possible
If you have any questions or concerns about your slip and fall accident, please call us for a discussion on how we can best support you through this challenging time.
ABOUT HULL AND ZIMMERMAN
At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we understand the pain and frustration that comes with an accident. While it can never truly compensate you for your loss, damages may help address the financial realities of your situation. Contact us today to schedule a pressure-free, no-obligation consultation, so you can learn what your legal options are. Call us at (303) 423-1770 or toll-free at (866) 385-3505. You can also find us online at hullandzimmerman.com. Proudly serving North Denver, Northglenn, Westminster, Thornton, Commerce City, Arvada, and Broomfield.
Release ID: 14446
Like Us on Facebook